RE: (LBC) Patch Panel Proper Welds ?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> oregonstate.edu h9OJrJTB003409
Subject: RE: (LBC) Patch Panel Proper Welds ?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:24:39 -0700
Do the next guy that restores your car a favor.  Plug weld the panels on.  Plug
welding is where you drill a hole in one panel and weld through to the other.
Do them right and they look like spot welds.

I've been cleaning up some bodged repairs on the Xj6 and it's a PITA to get
panels off if they are not plug or spot welded.  Now If I could just find some
weld through primer that does not spit horribly when mig'd.

Curt Onstott  http://oregonstate.edu/~onstottc/default.htm
OSU Crop and Soil Science Network Services
Crops 153
Phone: 541-737-5875