No Lbc.. carpenter tools.. sadness

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: No Lbc.. carpenter tools.. sadness
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:32:30 -0600 with any abuse report
Hey ya all
here is just a gripe
One of my best friends works for me, he is a retired Iron worker, he has an
amazing skill with tools and decided he wants to finish off the rest of his
working days as a carpenter.  Well he is much better than a carpenter, he is
a cabinet maker that can do carpentry. Some of you will know the difference,
others will not. Suffice it to say that this man is extradonaire.

He was on my job last week and I noticed a pile of oil under his van, I let
him know, and the next thing is he has his 2000 ford in because the head
gasket is out.  They have his van on warranty (last day) and then 2 days
later they tell him that his heads are warped (second guy that has told me
this on a small v8 ford in 2 months)  okay they are fixing the problem.

Today he goes to pick up his Van, and the very first thing they say to him,
is did you come here over the weekend and pick up your saw?

Poor guy just is beside himself, he says no, why? where is my saw?  Mechanic
tells him, well I had to take it out of your Van last Friday, I put in on my
bench, and this morning I came into work and your saw wasn't here.

(Willy says
you got to be kidding me, mechanics know what tools are, why would one have
so little respect, for another trades tools?)

back to story

Jerry was in LOVE with this saw I have never seen a grown Man POUT. till
tonight. it's a Makita l50711z which is not made any more, he had a 100 trim
blade in the saw, and a bracket that goes to a stand on it that will cost
100 to replace.

okay okay I know most of you live in bigger cities, and this should be
something that should have been thought about, but here in Racine Wisconsin,
it just is "off the wall" for your tools to get stole while you are having
service done on a vehicle.

he was assured that his tools were safe in the dealer ship, and Im sure they
will pay for what they think they should,
but
BUT they cant replace it, it isn't made any more....
I tried to joke with him and get him out of his funk, but truth is, I
watched a man GRIEVE over a tool.
it wasn't nice.

willy@thompsoncarpentry.com

www.thompsoncarpentry.com