No LBC!-Still problems

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: No LBC!-Still problems
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:46:13 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Well, yesterday I took my car to the mechanic
that has done some work for me recently
and I am not sure if I trust his judgement on what
he is telling me, seeing I am not a CLASS -A mechanic
myself,,I have my doubts still.

First of all when he checked what he could from
what he has to work with, he told me that I am
not "using" alot of gas, I am "losing" alot of gas.
He said the check engine light was not working
so he couldnt do the diagnostic testing he wanted,
that he would have to do it manually. So I left
my car with him from noon yesterday till after
5 and he never called me to tell me that he DIDNT
work on it or do anythign to it,,now I have to
wait another 2 weeks, I have plans this weekend and
wont be in town, and all during the week I am working
out of town so it makes it difficult to make it
back to the shop. I have to fill up twice a week
just to drive 2o miles a day to and from work
making it a 40 mile round trip, it is
killing me in the amount of money I am spending to
just go to work. I will soon have to pay my boss
to work for them. LOL

The mechanic told me without even looking at the car
that the o2 sensor was not the problem. He thinks that
it is the EGR valve or the cool temp center.
NOw how would he know this if he cant diagnois it
and hasnt been able to check it out properly??

I have NO earthly idea what he is talking about.
Do any of you??

I really dont want to spend any more money on
this piece of junk, but it is what I am STUCK
with till my divorce is final,,and I am trying
my darndest to keep it driving and keep me from
going deeper into debt with the repairs for now!
Without going into details of what I would really
like to do with this piece of JUNK,,oh well, never
mind..this is not that kind of list..

Anyway,,please give me some good advice other than
shoving it into someones,,UH,,I mean running
it into the river and claiming someone stole it
or setting it on FIRE!

I just have a few more months to go before I will
hope fully be able to buy somethign descent..

So get me thru this time of AGNOY,,PLEASE!!

I dont like going to a mechanic and not having
at least some idea of what it might be and at
least acting like I know what I am talking about.lol

Again, thanks in advance!