1500 heater tap

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 heater tap
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:35:37 -0600
The heater tap can sometimes be rebuilt.
I did mine some time ago, but do not remember the exact procedure I used.
If you can disassemble it, all it probably needs is a new "O" ring,
available at all hardware stores.

Mike Hirsch
'78 Midget

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:05:37 +0000
From Antony Gelberg <antony at antgel.co.uk>

Hi all,

My heater tap is leaking coolant.  I've been told that the part is NLA, and
here I was thinking that everything was easily available.  :)

Anyone got any ideas for this?  I don't really care about having a tap at
all - my heater has a switch wired to the blower so if I want it cool I can
just turn the switch off.  Can I get an attachment that could connect the
hoses open permanently?

Mike Hirsch
Nichicon (America) Corp.
Ph.  847.843.5678