re: Stirring up a little controversy

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Stirring up a little controversy
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:40:01 -0600
I do not own any guns now. Doesn't mean I do not believe in them, just that
I do not have a use for one just now. Not that I would mind a sweet little
Benjamin pump BB pistol for a bit of target plinking now and then. Grew up
with BB guns, pellet guns, muzzle-loading shotguns... We won't mention the
joys of building your own highly dangerous matchlocks out of aluminum (!)
tubing and bamboo. Don't put too much powder in!! Of course it helps when
you are growing up as a missionary's son in Northeast Brazil where a
10-year-old kid can walk down to the corner store and buy a pound or two of
black gunpowder with no questions asked. Made playing in the sandbox a whole
lot more fun. Never did get hurt doing it, don't know why not.
David Lieb