Re: Tool help needed (going way off topic) But, not really

To: twobees@sprynet.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tool help needed (going way off topic) But, not really
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:22:18 EST
In a message dated 11/04/2003 7:47:10 PM Mountain Standard Time,
twobees@sprynet.com writes:
Anyone need any more reasons to stay away from Home Despot?

Norm Sippel
I would be easier if there were any hardware stores or lumber yards left.
The closest lumber yard to me is 30+ miles (I think they are still there).
McCoy's lumber came to town and then left.  Also, I often need things Saturday
evening or Sunday, and even when we had the local stores, they were usually
closed.

I bought my Dewalt drill from the Black and Decker store in Reading, PA 12
years ago.  It was a reconditioned drill.  It looked new and it helped me build
a cabin in the mountains.  It's about worn out, so I have a new Ryobi from
Home Defect, and I'm quite happy with it.  It came in a kit with a circular saw
and a light.  I absolutely love the cordless curcular saw.

Now I did have to spend 20+ minutes showing the advertisement for the Ryobi
to the staff at HD before they would throw in the light that was not in the
kit, but was in the ad.

I am not a professional builder and do no use my tools daily, so they
probably last longer, but I do some sort of work with the drills and such damn
near
every weekend, from handing pictures to building walls.

Just my 2 cents.  I'd love to have a great lumber yard nearby that was
actuall open when I need it.   One last rant....There is a lumber yard in
Ruidoso,
NM where over the last 12 years I have spent in excess of $30,000.00 on
materials to build my cabin.  Most of the old hands there still treat me like
an
amateur "outsider".  Most of the folks at HD at least smile, but then, they are
in
Texas.

Robert Houston

...those idiots at the NRA, not only do they think the second amendment gives
them the right to own guns, they think the first amendment gives them the
right to free speech!...unknown.