"last open road"

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: "last open road"
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:40:03 -0600 with any abuse report
Well list, I am the first person to tell anyone that cares, that I hate to
read.

That said, I went to all 3 vintage races at Road America this year, and the
last one I took my son to. (Blake)

<side track, first thing my son and I have had in common since "soapbox
derby" or repairing a Nova <Toyota> for his 16th birthday> (he is 22, and
bought his own house now! !)

The boy, liked the races, and he liked a lot of the people there. WE got to
meet a lot of neat folks that race and got to meet BS levy at his tent, and
after word My Son <Blake> decided he liked the races, and bs, so he bought
his book.

blake badgered me and badgered me to read that book, and I said (to shut him
up) okay let me see it.

I started to read it, and it was okay, Blake said to stick with it so I did.

Well I have to say, by the third chapter, I couldn't put it down, it was so
fresh, and so new, and so much unlike TV that I stayed with it.

I have to say it was the best FICTION book I have ever read..  Well this is
an honor, and a hit at the same time, It is the FIRST fiction book that I
wasn't "forced" to read.

I have read Many many books, on business, and cars, all facts,  but this is
the first, FIRST book that ever gave me "pleasure" (other than learning
about something I loved )reading it.

What a fun time I had reading it (oh it took a long time lol)

I am slowly getting the racing bug, its fun to have something with my son!!
again

I am trying to set something up "family wise" for the spring vintage race
for my son to have his "New" alfa, and me to have my Bugeye on the track for
"touring" at the same time, on the other hand, if any one could give my boy
a ride in a real race car....... lol

willy@thompsoncarpentry.com

www.thompsoncarpentry.com