Re: euro lisc. plates?

To: <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: euro lisc. plates?
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 05:51:06 -0800
UK plates? Or Sweedish ones for the Saab? ;)

Just to give you an idea, for collectors, used US plates run from $5-20
usually, depending on condition, desirability, and rarity. early
(1900-1920) porcelain covered plates can run $50-100, as can the rare
Polar Bear shaped plate from Northwest Territories/Nunavut in Canada
(mostly because there are few cars there).  California black plates are
also harder to come by, as they're often still on old cars in
California!

I've rarely seen authentic UK number plates on ebay, most likely for the
same reason as CA - the number stays with the car. I've seen German ones
every once in a while. I bought one (fom Munich), was somewhere on the
order of $20-$25.

http://tinyurl.com/tw3i

This is some guy on ebay making custom German plates; his Buy-It-Now
price is $20.95

How does that compare with what the distributor wants?

-=Chris
(anorak off....)

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/