Re: "last open road", Henry, Thicktones, and obscure trivia

To: Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, willy@thompsoncarpentry.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "last open road", Henry, Thicktones, and obscure trivia
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 06:26:49 -0800 (PST)
Cc: team-thicko@autox.team.net
--- Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net> wrote:
> uncle bertie has gat ya hooked eh?   what will come
> of buddy palumbo?   what
> will big ed buy next?   finzio's....more expansion?
> and what will burt's next decals look like?

I am a VSCDA neophyte, but two things that I love are
sipping my coffee while Burt plugs his books at the
driver's meetings, and Henry, the Voice of VSCDA,
booming over the PA ("UHHH-tenshun in the paddock,
uhh-tention in the paddock!").  The best was at Road
America this year, with Burt and Henry announcing the
feature races with unbelievably entertaining bits of
race trivia, amicably bickering the whole while over
the details.  Truly great stuff.  When announcing the
Thicktone band would be playing, Henry also referred
to TuTone's girlfriend as "on bass, La bella ragazza
mysteriosa", or "the beautiful mysterious woman", in
Italian.  I bet Henry was actually referring to the
Eric Clapton/Cream song "Badge", where the guest
bassist/guitarist was listed in the liner notes as
"L'Angelo Mysterioso", who was actually George Harrison!

=====
Ron Soave

"Chi spende meno spende piu."
- Aunt Tessie