SOS Nov 28-29

To: "Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: SOS Nov 28-29
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 20:34:58 -0600
Hey y'all,

Things are shaping up for our 3rd annual web televised SOS (Save Our
Sprites) episode, to be held at the friendly confines of Worldwide in
Madison, WI.

All are welcome... and I mean all. Expert, beginner, doesn't matter.Man,
woman, child. If you want to learn, if you want to teach, if you just like
taking things apart, or putting things together, we'll have a job for you.

We have a few sacrificial lambs lined up.. (no, food talk will come later in
this message...). Scott Spranger has offered up his Bugeye for a myriad of
tweaks and repairs. Peter C has a few projects of his own I'd like to see in
the queue, maybe cutting out a little rust and welding in some patch
panels... I'll bring my 110 Lincoln Mig for that.

I'm gonna trailer up 2 half day projects... one will be Red Arse, my
Speedwell nosed race car that I got from Colby. I'd like to accomplish
mounting the Ashley fastback hardtop, and do a water pump/cylinder head/cam
swap on the stock 948 in it.

The other car I've decided to bring is the Bishop... an old race car, tuned
by the Donald Healey Motor Co. to Stage V specs. The story behind this car
can be found at http://www.thicko.com/bishop.htm . I got that car back on
teh road in 1991... autocrossed it a lot, drove it down to Texas healey
Roundup and back on a longass weekend, and raced it 10 times the following
year. As I started it to pull it on the trailer way back when oil pressure
never came up, and I shut it down immediately. I suspect the oil pump or cam
pin drive broke. So, and engine pull and pupmp/cam replacement is in order,
as well as inspecting the brakes, and a few other things so this historic
race car can again be seen during touring sessions next year.

So, who's coming? Who's sending food? Who needs a place to stay? Anyone else
have a project (or two) you want to get done by mass effort?

In the coming weeks we'll send out the instructions for joining the webcast,
which will be televised via Yahoo Messenger webcam, screen name
"Floundervision".

WST