WOT: How Rust-proof Lolly Column??

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: WOT: How Rust-proof Lolly Column??
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:34:09 -0500
Hey Guyz,

I appeal to the experts in rust control ...

In the crawl-space (southern, hence damp) under my house, I installed
several lolly columns to stiffen the floor a wee. After this Spring's
incredible dampness, the threaded adjusters (about 1" diameter
threaded steel rod) have loads of surface rust. I'd like to stop this
before it becomes a real problem.

I'm considering removing the rusted part, wire brushing and WD-40ing
it, and then heavily coating in axle grease before reinstalling.

I'm hoping y'all got a better idea??

thanks

chuck