Re: thanks for PayPal info

To: TeachJP@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: thanks for PayPal info
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:09:13 EST
JP:

I am also a registered member of the Paypal network, and as such, let me send
you one warning.  I don't know exactly how they get the email addresses, but
beware getting an email with the Paypal logo all over it that LOOKS very
official, but which warns you that unless you update your account with your
credit
card information your Paypal account will expire.  THIS IS A HOAX that is
directed to getting your account information.  Paypal will NEVER send you an
email
asking for sensitive information.

If you get one of these, send it to Paypal, as they are attempting to
identify the source of these scams.  And NEVER give the information they are
asking
for.  If you log onto paypal yourself, it is ok, but never respond to a request
for personal, private, or confidential information.

David C.