Cleaning the Oil Gush

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Cleaning the Oil Gush
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 20:15:08 EST
My whole undercarraige, inner wheels and tires, and about everything else
underneath is covered with a thickening coating of oil, both transmission fluid
and engine oil, and some of it is thick and hardened.  Every bolt and downhang
has a black drop of oil hanging from it, and the car smokes when I drive it
from the oil gettin on the exhaust pipe.

Given that steam is probably the best remover around, most of the rental
places around here have gotten rid of their steam cleaners in favor of power
cleaners.  What has the list found is the best way to spiffy-clean the
underbody of
a Spridget to remove masses of oil?  Tough place to get to, what with the
tranny tunnel probably as gooked up as the underbody, and the wheel wells and
everything else is covered.

And no, I have not been able to stop the leakage yet, even though I have had
the sump off several times and have used sealants with the gasket.  I am
probably going to have to pull the whole damned thing to deal with the oil
gushage.
 Then would be the best time to clean. But what would be the best way to
attack cleaning the oil off?

--David C.