bust ass SOS

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: bust ass SOS
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:51:35 -0600
Hey y'all,

Well, racecars (didja know racecar spelled backwards is racecar?) Red Arse
and the Bishop are loaded and secured on the bigass trailer. It was a lot of
work.. a lot of moving cars around, many of them "pushers" as opposed to
"runners". That's one reason these cars are making an appearance at SOS...
to escape the former category, and join the latter. I'm gathering bits and
pieces to make sure anything we need, we have.

I managed to smack my right shoulder... my surgically reconstructed right
shoulder, on one of the spare tire racks in the trailer. Hit it hard enough
to drop me to my knees in pain. Hell, I hit it hard enough, the left one
hurts in sympathy... but I'll survive.

I hope to get to PPP's place Wed. to do a dry run on the Floundervision
webcam. If you're around, try to log in in the afternoon.

It appears we're getting more and more RSVPs. If you haven't confirmed with
Peter, please do so at peter@nosimport.com

if you haven't been to an SOS, we have a lot of fun. Seems like we
alternate... first year we were assembling a car. Last year, were were
taking a few apart. This year, we'll be putting a few more back together.
Our plans include..
Removal of the eng & trans on Scott Spanger's 1275 Bugey to stem some
copious oil leaks. We'll use the Paul A kit which I had very goos luck with.
We'll also do a rear suspension rebuild.

Terry Heffron's bring his Formcar FV so I can weld some motor mount stuff,
and he's also bringing his 1275 that needs final assembly.

Red Arse will be getting a different cylinder head, cam, water pump, and
Weber carb. We may also work of fabrication of the mounts for the rare
Ashley fastback hardtop I have for the car. I think Thicko Fast Eddie
Haskell is due to make an appearance.. he can sort out the lighting on the
car, as I want to make it street legal. It's my "enduro/bad weather" racecar

The Bishop will be getting a motor pull to replace the cam or oil pump,
depending on which broke. It hasn't seen the road or the track in 11 years,
so it will require some attention.

I'm buggin' Peter to have anything of his ready to work on... not having a
lot of luck so far.

If you're at all interested in attending, please do. There will be something
for everyone to do, no matter what your skill level or alcohol level is.

WST