Re: 1979 1500 midget leakin oil

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1979 1500 midget leakin oil
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 09:35:43 -0600
> BTW is that  Mr Gaylords A on the end of the line in a couple pics??

Yes, Larry, Barney has been doing this drive since its inception in 1995
(no, it just seems like 1895) on the centennial of the original race.
Motorsports Unlimited has been covering it all of that time as well.
This year we had additional local flavor in the form of Chicago's Finest
driving up on the grass to tell us that we couldn't park on the grass and
moving us out. They assured us that there was plenty of parking two blocks
south. In the immortal words of the original Mayor Daley, "The police aren't
there to create disorder, the police are there to preserve disorder."

No, George, Molly Gog could not make it there. I was intending to go from
there to Thanksgiving dinner and I didn't think she should go there. I was
wrong. There was a new puppy there and she would have been thrilled.

Willy, to be losing that much oil suddenly, I would suspect something in the
crankcase ventilation. If you have it sitting in that nice warm garage of
yours and rev up the engine, do you seee the dipstick moving or leaking?

David Lieb