1500 oil leak continued

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 oil leak continued
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:33:14 -0600 with any abuse report
http://tinyurl.com/x3cu
Hey yall
I got the midget up on jack stands, I looked thru the manual to see about a
clogged pcv valve, and couldn't find a decent picture of what it is suppose
to look like. In my limited mechanical knowledge, I thought it was the a
piece that clips into the air filter, The plastic piece that goes into that
was loose (out all the way, and hidden from view) I took that off the valve
cover and blew thru it, both ways and there is no restriction what so ever,
I put my finger over the metal tube coming out of the cover and there is
significant air coming out of there, I revved car up to about 4000 and I can
start to see some oil (minor) but of course there is no Load on the engine,
I assume that would make a difference?

Right now I am thinking that the oil I saw is coming out of that plastic
plug that wasn't into the air cleaner, and that driving the car like I stole
it on Thanksgiving was the problem, ( I wont try to keep up with a Miata
again( or for that matter Barney Gaylord's "a" lol) last time I had some oil
problems now that I think of it ;) (slipped my mind)

I did notice a little (very small) wetness around the dipstick, but that
really could have migrated down from the above situation.  I see nothing by
the timing chain cover either

Tell me if Im on the right track?

willy@thompsoncarpentry.com

www.thompsoncarpentry.com