Re: Bugeye ignition problems

To: Billy and Ann Green <bgreen99@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye ignition problems
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:29:32 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Is it a smooth rev or does it idle pretty good then stutter as you try
to bring the revs up. I had a stuck float in the front carb after the
car sat a few weeks. It wouldn't rev and was sorta rough as it came up
the revs. I pulled the plug wires from the dizzy, cut the ends and
reinstalled and checked all connections and the points etc. ( Be sure
the screw point inside the dizzy cap goes into the center of the wire.)
I started it and no difference. Feeling the carb dashpots, the rear one
was icy cold and the front one was some what warm. Hmmmm. Whacked the
float chamber with a wrench and bingo ran great again. No fuel was going
into the front carb.

Dave