Re: Rotary engines

To: "Chris Weber (non-Kimball)" <cweber@nonkimball.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rotary engines
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:36:14 -0500 6.0.1|February 07, 2003) at 12/05/2003 09:01:25 AM
Chris,
I have seen a few of rotary powered Spridgets. Some were very nicely done,
one was a major hack job.  The commonality was the relative ease of making
the swap.
The best one had a RX-7 limited slip rear end and 4 wheel disk brakes.  The
engine was a 12A with a Holley carb, opened ports and headers, making close
to 200 hp.

I was a RX-7 junkie in the early 80's and my main complaints were:
1. Very few good mechanics available
2. Short life of apex seals on anything other than a stock setup
3. Scrapping an engine when an apex seal failed without warning

Tommy
67 Sprite
61 MGA project