Re: Tank source?

To: Kendel McCarley <kmmccarley@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Tank source?
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:17:53 -0500 5.0; U)
Cc: Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Kendel:

A tank for up through 1969 is 159.95 from Moss, plus shipping.  It is
non-vented, I know, but probably mounts the same way and would
work if you modified the cap to be vented.  (I am assuming the later models are
internally vented, to use with the charcoal canister
in the engine compartment).  You can either drill some holes through the
internal parts in an otherwise non-vented cap, or change the
filler neck and cap.  I drilled the cap when I did this on my MGB.

Moss doesn't offer one for later Spridgets.

VB has a 1969 tank listed for 139.95 and a "kit" for 72-79 for 189.95 that may
include other stuff you need, like mounting strips and
sender, gaskets.  Then, they list a later tank by itself for 199.95.  Makes no
sense, but maybe worth checking out.

Most of these reproduction tanks don't have a drain plug.

Jim