Re: Synthetic oil

To: Steve Barnett <mgsteve@earthlink.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Synthetic oil
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:00:33 -0800 (PST)
--- Steve Barnett <mgsteve@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone that replied about Synthetic oil.
>  I would have to agree
> that Mobil 1 is the best out there.  I use it in my
> 2000 Toyota Tundra.
> The problem I have is that I can not find Mobil 1 in
> 20W50.

15W/50, I think it is?  Better flow at low temp,
that's a good thing.  FYI, the reason why I would
quibble with Mobil 1 as "far and away the best" is
that, with the vicosity ranges they offer, they use
more additives in their "recipe" than valvoline, which
is formulated with no viscosity range enhancers.  R&T
did a report years back (Ed, remember the dialogue we
had with Dennis Siminaitis?) on it, and by that
virtue, valvoline was found to leave fewer deposits.
Or maybe it was castrol, that's why i use both ;-).