Re: Snow and Ice and Salt Dec 2003 19:50:42 -0000

To: Guy.Weller@kencomp.net (Guy Weller)
Subject: Re: Snow and Ice and Salt Dec 2003 19:50:42 -0000
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:13:30 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
LOL....

Well....when there's no one else around
and you can see where you are going....
what the hell!! :):)

Yes...our "salt" people face the same problems of course.

Speaking of "unkown" demand, our
health system became financially burndened with over 17 million
"unused" flu shots last year.

Result........this year, we have
a "shortage". A lousy state of affairs but
that's what happens when the government
(taxpayors in general?) force big business
to eat "overabundance" provided for the
good of all (as in the "health business").

Not a good state of affairs. We've had
over 30 deaths thus far in this "new"
strain of flu which evidently began at
our West Coast and is proceeding Eastbound even as we speak. It's
just getting to the East Coast this past
week.

Methinks most of the deaths were children
who's parents were either uninformed or
just not the sharpest knives in the drawer...for sure, I know of at
least one
kid flu death that was definitely a product
of simply "dumb" parenting. They couldn't
"add up" a worsening "cold" which became accompanied by an ever
increasing body temperature (pneumonia)
despite all the publicity this flu has been
getting and didn't know enough to get their kid into the emergency room.

Or worse yet....couldn't afford health
insurance (a tremendous problem over here these days) considering we
have
millions without corporate coverage who
simply cannot afford to buy personally.

Wealthiest nation in the world and we run
out of flu vaccine...and millions who cannot afford basic family health
insurance......something very wrong
with all of this. Hillary Clinton saw it
coming when husband Bill began his
first term. She got blocked at every turn
trying to do something about this....
our system has become a just another
of our "corporate" scams to one extent
or another I am afraid.

It takes literally a billion dollars to bring
a single new drug to market over here
these days. We have people mail ordering
their stuff from our Canadian neighbors
up North. Much, much less expensive.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)