Re: Part ThreePointFive! of Tyre/Tire Diameters.

To: "Ron Corry" <Corry@iol.ie>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Part ThreePointFive! of Tyre/Tire Diameters.
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:03:17 -0000
Errr,
Ron, it was a joke!
Just 'cos the tyre is flat at the bottom, it doesnt reduce the rolling
circumference.. I was pulling you leg!!

Actually, there is probably some differential calculus that coud calculate
the answer allowing for the "flat bit" which one could consider being made
up of an arc, or series of arcs, of different radii.  But since the final
answer would be the same as your calculations for a proper round wheel, then
there wouldn't be much point to it!

Actually, there is another factor ....  At high speeds (as in land speed
record speeds) the tyre will increase in diameter at high speed revolutions.

Anyway, did your parcel arrive?

Guy