Re: Fw: Powerpoint makes you dumb...NO LBC content whatsoever

To: <gjbranch@comcast.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Powerpoint makes you dumb...NO LBC content whatsoever
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:41:34 -0800
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
It's interesting, as the underlying cause (IMHO) is that People are
Lazy!

- people want data spoonfed to them beacause it's too hard to analyze
and think
- people don't communicate clearly because it takes work
- people blame the software instead of working within its limitations to
communicate clearly, or finding another tool (or a combination, say a
slide show and a handout) if this one is unsuitable.

I'm not saying Powerpoint is perfect, or that it doesn't have its place,
but you can obfuscate anything if you want to. I certainly sat through
enough confusing lectures in college being confused by chalkboards,
whiteboards, or old fashioned overhead-projector slides! :) (especially
the ones where there was a roll of cell-sheet. The TA would scribble
something, wind the scroll so you couldn't read it, then scribble some
more...)

Just my ha'penny.

-=Chris

Chris King