Powerpoint Makes you Dumb

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Powerpoint Makes you Dumb
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:12:21 EST
I know that this is not in the best interest of our LBCs but I couldn't agree
more about Power Point being a program that makes us "dumb down" the
material.   As a teacher, I cringe everytime I walk past a teacher's room and
the
teacher or a student is making a PP presentation.   And making one is a
graduation
requirement.   The only ones that I have made use the first slide to caption
a picture of a picture that has some historical significance, some of the
pictures have 2 slides because you can't get enough info on one slide.   Of
course, since Microsoft is trying to take over the world, it is in their best
interests to get us to dumb down everything.

John Poynton
79 Midget, Yellow Fever
Havertown, PA