MG 1500 Hardtop Seals

To: "'Spridgets@autx'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG 1500 Hardtop Seals
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:17:42 -0500
    Last spring I was able to find a good deal on a used hardtop for the
Midget Mk III and Midget 1500. Some time later there was a discussion
thread that identified Bill Bolton of Bolton Healeys as the source of
god quality seals for the small Healeys. I'm now in the process of
removing several coats of paint strip the hard top to its original
fiberglass gel coat fi8nish in order to get it painted.

    I called Bill Bolton and introduced myself and told him that I
understood that he was the best source for the seals and
weather-stripping for Healeys. Bill corrected me and said that he could
source the parts and seals for hardtops for Big Healeys and the little
Healey up through the bugeyes. but for any thing newer than that, I was
on my own.

    The hardtop is fiberglass with a glass rear window and two side
windows. It uses standard hardware to attach to the windshield. It has
two brackets that are positioned just above the original soft top hinges
and have a long slot that a bolt could go through to tie down the sides.
At the rear there are two triangular rackets that stick out over the
back of the top when it is folded over.I don't know whether the soft top
has to be removed to put the hardtop on.

    Anyone got some ideas where to find the seals to the windshield,,
the door openings and the seal that goes all the way around the bottom
of the rear portion of the hardtop??

Eliminate annoying spam!

My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster.
http://www.ihatespam.net <http://www.ihatespam.net/>