$300 M. IV Sprite resto candidate, should I?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: $300 M. IV Sprite resto candidate, should I?
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:25:26 -0700 FILETIME=[05AE1170:01C3C72F]
Hello all,
I was a long time Mg lister who had to sign off for a while. but I thought I
should go to the experts on Spridgets.
I have an option to buy a mark IV sprite for $300.  The car is located in
AZ, so is rust free except for some yuckiness on the passenger side front
wing.  It has sat for 10 years (at least) all the paint is deteriorated and
the interior is gone.  The body is straight except for the spot on the wing
and a dented bonnet.  The engine supposedly ran when parked, and still has
oil in it, and oil in the carbs.  It has original wire wheels, tires gone,
and no top to speak of.
I realise I'm looking at a full restoration, with possibly a salvageable
engine.  But, owning a 79 B, I realise too that a pre-emissions-requirement
straight body is the best part, the mechanicals can be done easily enough.
Anything special to spridgets i should look out for?  Can anyone talk me
into this?
Anyone need a rolling Sprite body?
thanks for reading, and reply direct because i'm on digest and might miss
ya.
Mike Jose
Chandler AZ (Phoenix)
79 B