Stiff choke part 2

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stiff choke part 2
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:17:28 -0500
Good morning!

Last night I disconnected the jets from the choke assembly and it wasn9t any
better.  They were all in their proper places and orientations (like I said
earlier they move smoothly just too damn stiffly).  I squirted some WD-40 in
there to lubricate a bit and kept working it, and it travels a bit more
easily and can be engaged from the cockpit.

The stiffness we traced to the spring area on both carbs.  How many winds
does that circular choke return spring normally have?  I have 4 winds and
the ends seem to be connected to the proper places.  I didn9t take apart the
mechanism that holds that spring together so there could be something in
there gumming it up also.  I guess I9ll take that apart tonight and make
sure that all is OK in there.  Any more ideas?

Cheers,

Mike Gagne
74 Midge
Twin HS2s, 1275