Re: carb stacks

To: Phil Vanner <phil@outtech.com>
Subject: Re: carb stacks
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:18:50 -0800
Cc: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
For the HIF44 that was modified for the 1275 I am building it was
recommended by APT to bolt a "short" stub stack (not more than 1/2 inch
thick) on the intake, inside a K&N tapered conical filter. The radius
being equal to the thickness of the plate. (1/2 inch) Just want the air
to roll smoothly into the mouth of the carb instead of the sharp edge
that is normally there.  Promotes more, smoother, denser air for combustion.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2