back from NY

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: back from NY
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:46:44 -0600
Cc: "Clifford Dobbs" <clifford.dobbs@worldnet.att.net>
Hey,
Well Cliff and I are back from a 4 day whirlwind tour of the northeast,
OK,MO,IL,IN,OH,PA,NY.  My only complaint was the 60.00 I spent in
contributing to the NY transit authority via tolls, man...I'll never
complain about the 4.00 I pay to go to Tulsa again!  Or the 1.28/gallon gas
here in Oklahoma!

Well David is great, man what a house! Straight out of the final project
episode of this old house.  This was my first trip to the NE, and saw some
really great country side in NY and PA.  We were blessed with nice weather
all the way in, and rain from the NY/PA line to Indianapollis on the way
back.  It is good to be home no matter where that is. Plus it is in the 60's
all week.

Ok...3271 miles later I arrived in BridgeCreek (south of okc) at 6:00
tonight.  Dropped my weary friend Cliff off, I know we were both ready to
get home and 4 12 hour days can get weary for anyone.  Just a little about
Cliff, he has been a great guy. About 2 years ago he headed out to
California with myself and my father inlaw to pick up a "free midget".  And
now he went with me on this cracker box trip as well.  Couldn't ask for a
better friend, esp one that will put up with me for 4 days.

Thanks for the great words on the engine David, I hope it lives up to your
descriptions, it was my first Aseries, not perfect just did what I learned
from the great pepple on the list and what I read and can afford.  And he is
right it has a 10mph/10 foot paint job.  The engine came out of my original
project a 71 midget (which I aquired from Cliff), when I got the car from
Brad I had just built this motor and droped it in to get broken in.
Yeah...it is loud but she sounds great.  I only wished I had a chance to
take her for a final spin through that great NY country side, man now those
are spridget roads for sure.  I'm anxious to find out how she pans out for
you on those roads David.  Be sure to go over it good, shoulnd't be any
gotchas that I've not told you about.

Havn't really had much chance to go over the sprite.  Knew about the floors
going in it, did some reading in the archives from when David got it.
Seemed like a good project for sure.  He ended up with a nice car and I got
my Bugeye.  I'll miss that engine but i'm going to do the same thing with
the 1275 that is going in this one so yeah your right david watch out when I
get her going.  I love that 276 and this one gets a DCOE to boot.

First thing i'll prob do is take lots of notes and pics, and strip the car
down to a tub.  Build a stand for the tub so I can rotate it. And get
started on those floors.  If anyone has some bugeye floor pans I will need a
pair soon.  If I'm lucky i'll just need to do the floors and the mid
crossmembers under the seat.  Rockers look ok, but still need to check it
all out.  Inners by the floor boards show some rust so that will need to be
repaird.  It has a forward tilt bonnet, that will stay for now.  Once the
body is good, I'm going to strip it and repair the bondo jobs that I'm sure
are under that marvalous silver paint.  Then get started on a new motor, I
have 2 .30 and 2 .40 over pistons for a 1275, so maybe it will need one or
the other and I'll just need 2 more.  Bugeyes are hard to come by in these
parts, I've been looking for two years, and wanted a project but not a
wasted tub.  This was pretty good for me, I love working on them so it will
be good.  David got a decent car, far from perfect but nice driver.

Ok...things I need sometime....
Seat frames for a bugeye
floor pans
and i'm sure other things