make that a sprite mk. III?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: make that a sprite mk. III?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:01:52 -0700 FILETIME=[9634CAE0:01C3CF63]
Firstly, thanks to all the replies I got in a couple of hours on the car,
there were a lot of replies so I will just talk back to the list.  Firstly,
the car does not run, has no interior, lots of little missing parts (door
handles and the like).  My plan of action is to try to wire it up enough to
see if I can get the engine to run, and then take the engine out to redo the
body work.  I need to check out the few spots of rust first.  Is a spridget
worth keeping if the two posts between the doors and front wings are rusted
at all? What determines the severity of the damage?  I'm just curious to see
what I should see.  I didn't have any rust at all on my B, so it's a new
problem (of course my falcon had fred flintstone floors, but that's another
story).
I did some research on the car number HAN8L 63417 makes it a Mk. III Sprite,
does it not?  I'll find more numbers as I have more time, but an earlier car
is better in AZ, because the emissions laws are enforced only on 67 and
newer, as far as I know.
More as it develops.....
Thanks again
Mike Jose
Chandler AZ
79 B
6(5?6?) Sprite, beginning the long journey

Take advantage of our limited-time introductory offer for dial-up Internet
access. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup