Re: [midgetsprite] 1974 Brake System Help

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] 1974 Brake System Help
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 06:41:45 EST
rrivenbark@cfl.rr.com writes:

> For the life of me, I cannot get this damned guide bearing to come out.  And
> yes, I did remove the circlip.  How do you get this *%^&$@& thing out.

Tad:

Two things have worked for me--drilling a hole into  it and screwing a long
thin screw  into the hole to pull it out, or, preferred, I like to heat a thin
guage nail in a torch to red hot, then melt the insert in two.  Don't worry
about destroying it--there is a new one in the rebuild kit.  Reason I lie the
melting procedure is there is less chance of marring the inside of the cylinder
with a hot nail than there is with a drill and screw.

--David C.