Re: Leaky jets?? 2004 08:21:37 -0500

To: mgagne@unc.edu (Michel R. Gagne)
Subject: Re: Leaky jets?? 2004 08:21:37 -0500
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 10:33:20 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net (spridget list)
Mike...

It is a simple thing to remove the filters
and see if fuel is puddling in and around
the jet bridge after shutdown, Mike.

By the same token,
it does seem as though the fuel level is
rising after the car sits for awhile and since the bowls (not the
carbs., right?)
are connected to the EPA cannister, I
would suspect it's "free" venting ability.

I don't know enough about this part of the
emissions system as to whether there is
a one way valve in that cannister with
respect to the vent lines running from the
bowls to the cannister, or even if one
exists, in terms of one or two-way flow.
I assume it should be a one way deal but
I don't know.

However, one way to check as to whether
the cannister is involved at all would be
to disconnect the bowl vent lines from the
cannister altegether and run the lines
"open" and see if the same problem occurs after shutdown. (Keep the
lines
clear of the exhaust system if you try
this, of course!:).

I hope APT will have some answers for
you and that you will share them so we
all learn something. Hang in there...you'll
beat it! :)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)