RE: Pressure regulator suggestion 07:23:59 -0500

To: abcoz@hky.com (Bud Osbourne)
Subject: RE: Pressure regulator suggestion 07:23:59 -0500
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:12:02 -0500 (EST)
Cc: mgagne@unc.edu (Michel R. Gagne), spridgets@autox.team.net (spridget list)
Hi, Bud...

Good! Glad you didn't misunderstand.
Gotta watch my phrasing sometimes! :)

You're absolutely right about not buying
the OEM stuff. Read Ed's post on this as
well. You are both right....we have put
ourselves "here" but who doesn't try to
save money? It all comes down to what
is "reasonable" and "reasonable" is looked
upon differently by different people and not just based on simply
different financial
circumstances as much as getting decent
value for your buck.

Fr'instance, compare the cost of a
Spridget overhauled ribcase to a
Datsun overhauled box? +-1/2 the price
and you get synchro on first and a 5th
gear to boot with far less mechanical noise (and probably less
mechanical
loss in HP), So, It's not just a question of
"wee tight", but "value".

The AUF300 is another example I am
afraid...$113.55, more for the double
ended competition pump (which I
confused it with!! My bad..I apologize).

With Facets (and others) out there at
$46.00?

Try using the OEM rotors with a PerTronix
and open up the plug gaps to take advantage of the higher output of the
electronic ignition. Most of them will
"crack". (Peter C.'s won't though, but
I forget what he's supplying).

I wonder what a vinyl conv. top of the original thickness material would
go for
these days. Or the original quality chrome
bumperettes or grilles?

Time marches on. No getting around it
I am afraid.

Cap'n. Bob