success...

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: success...
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:45:26 -0600
In Oklahoma you have to renew your "auto" yearly, you can get either a decal
for your current plate or a new plate.  They dont' really care which way
yougo.  On cars 30 years or older you can apply for a vintage registration,
this is an extra 5.00.  You have to present a vintage plate of the year of
your cars manufacture for Oklahoma.  So in my case 1959.  Oklahoma runs a
check to make sure no one else has that tag registered and if not it is
yours to put on the car as your plate.  You still have a "modern" tag that
is kept somewhere on the car..under the seat, boot etc..  You can also apply
for an antique exemption that gives you a reduced rate, but that is sort of
null now days as cars over 30 years only cost 17.00 to register anyway.  If
I sell a car Oklahoma doesn't want the tag back, they don't care what
happens to it really.  I know that is different in other states such as NY.
That is what happens in these parts anyway.

Charlie