RE: confession time

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: confession time
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 20:47:14 -0500
Cc: <Dbcooper292@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Yep.  Hoffman was a visionary, for sure.  I understand the BMW 2002 was his
idea, too.
Not quite sure what you mean about the 356 being more a Porsche.  The
Speedster is a 356.  Same chassis and mechanicals as the coupes.  More
spartan interior, no roll up windows and a slightly different dash
configuration.  Just kills me to remember the time when a good, solid
Speedster could be had for about $1500-$1800.  Talk about a lot of bang for
the buck, even in those days.  And there were always some available in my
area, back in the 60s.  What's that old German saying about ve get too soon
oldt undt to late schmardt.  Ja.  That's it.
Hey, check out the up-coming event on the left coast, next summer.  They're
having an International Speedster-Fest.  I understand there'll be cars
(Speedsters, of course) coming in from around the globe.  I'm sure many of
the more exotic Speedsters (the ultra rare 1600 GS/GTs, with their alloy
panels and Carrera 4 cam engines), many with world class racing history,
will be in attendance.  Should be some details on the 356 Registry web site.