Re: now old times/epic drives

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: now old times/epic drives
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 22:10:54 -0500
Cc: "Kent McLean" <kentmclean@mindspring.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Just bustin' ya, buddy.  I, personally, always want my pilot and my doctor to be
older than I am.  Unfortunately, the vagaries of age and time are squeezing me
in both respects!!!

But seriously:  it doesn't make sense to force retirement on an airline pilot.
He's got to pass a first class medical every six months throughout his
career....jeez, these are some of the healthiest people in the world.  And when
the (ahem) hits the fan, the only hope you have is experience.

But then, the FAA wasn't set up to make sense....

Geoff Branch
'74 Meejit "Yellow Peril"
'72 Innocenti 1300 Mini