Re: Bugeye disk brake conversion

To: "Chris T Weber" <weberct@msn.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye disk brake conversion
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 00:00:48 +0000
On Wednesday 07 January 2004 08:58 pm, Chris T Weber wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what components are needed from a later Midget to
> convert an early Bugeye to disk brakes.  I apologize for not researching
> this before asking but I am at work and need to know quick.

As another poster stated, everthing hanging off the king pins...and the
kingpins as well.  If you get the spindles matched to the kingpins you might
not have to re-bush the spindles.  However, if you try to mate them with
another set of kinpins, you will most definitely have to rebush the spindles
(and have them reamed to fit)

Also advise you get the master cylinder as well, as I believe there was a bore
change to match the calipers.

If you go through with this, it is a good time to rebuild your entire brake
system and switch to sIlicone fluid.