Paint colors

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint colors
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:42:30 -0500
I have a 1959 Bugeye in excellent almost original condition.  I say almost
because at some point it was painted white.  I plan to go back to the original
cherry red, or at least an original A/H colour.  I have Donald Pikovnik's A-H
Guide to Historic Colors, so paint matching should not be difficult.  My
problem is this:  Some idiot blacked out under the hood - Where, originally,
would the original paint colors be used?  On the inside of the hood, on the
fenders, firewall, inside of doors, and inside the "turtle" shell of the boot?
Or were other colors used?  Please reply directly

Thanks

bgreen99@frontiernet.net

Billy