Re: Craftsman Tool Question

To: "Brad Fornal" <toyman@digitex.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Yahoo Spridget list" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Craftsman Tool Question
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 06:39:59 -0500
brad,
quite a while ago i had a sears air compressor wich was manufactured by
devilbis.  when it broke sears told me the item was on back order.  3-4
months of waiting for the back order wich was destined to never come
prompted me to buy a whole new compressor.
i contacted devilbis and they did manufacture my compressor.   but!  they
explained although they were the manufacturer they were under contract to
NOT sell any parts for the sears model to the public in any way.   all sears
model units parts MUST be purchased through sears only as they had a sole
distributorship agreement.
now getting to your model of equiptment.   first off you have no place to go
to but sears to start with.  if there is any way to find out who
manufactured it then possibly you can find a parts list for the model you
have.    back in the 50's and 60's most of the sears craftsman stuff was not
sears specific but just relabeled brand name stuff.   but whose brand and
are they still in business or if not, who bought them out and are parts for
repairs still available?   possibly sears might be able to send you a copy
of the original parts list?   or do you have a sears service center near you
where you can physically go there and look at the listings they have for any
still available parts?    all just "thoughts" on directions i have gone to
try to salvage old equiptment i have here.    possibly something might lead
you to a resolve of this situation?

chuck.