Re: [midgetsprite] Sebring Sprite conversion

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Sebring Sprite conversion
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:37:31 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Alan,

That appears to be a bugeye rear.  As far as I know, and others will
undobtedly chime in here, the only way to achieve that on your 73 is to convert
to a
bugeye tub, or use a rear clip from one.

The top in those pics look a lot like an original bugeye hard top.  These are
sometimes available on ebay, or sometimes a lister runs across one.

The nose is available in the US.  Frank Clarici of the
spridgets@autox.team,net list has one, although his does not have the grill
that shows on your
picture.

Good luck with your conversion.  I too have a 73 and I was going to make it a
bugeye in disguise, to the extent I bought a rear clip and a bonnet.  But
then, last November I took the plunge and bought a whole bugeye.  So the 73
will
remain somewhat stock, and when finished, the bugeye get some attention.
Hopefully I will live that long.

Welcome to the list.  Got any guns?

Robert B. Houston
'73 Midget...and others

You know what's interesting about Washington? It's the kind of place where
second-guessing has become second nature.George W. Bush, Speech on May 17, 2002