Re: Securing a 4-2-1 header to it's Y fitting

To: Michael Graziano <mgraziano@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Securing a 4-2-1 header to it's Y fitting
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:31:50 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Michael Graziano wrote:

Mike

Try that muffler cement. It comes in a tube and it has worked for me in
the past.
Warm up the exhaust (not too hot) pack that stuff in and around your
leak, wait about 10 minutes, start it up just to make sure you got it
all sealed. Then wait a day before giving it a real test.
I have also heard (or read) but can not confirm that silicone sealer and
coppershield mixed makes a good exhaust goop.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ