Re: Pinhole in float bowl lid

To: "Michel R. Gagne" <mgagne@unc.edu>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pinhole in float bowl lid
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:39:27 -0500
Carb float bowls run at atmospheric pressure, that's why they are vented.  The
negative pressure (ie, below atmospheric) at the venturi is what allows the
atmospheric pressure on top of the fuel in the bowl to PUSH the fuel into the
venturi.

I think JB Weld would would just ducky for a pinhole leak.

Geoff Branch
'74 Meejit "Yellow Peril"
'72 Innocenti 1300 Mini