Re: larger alternator

To: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>, "Spidgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: larger alternator
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:11:18 -0600
A very common conversion is to use a Bosch alternator that fits Ford
Fiestas. They are 55 amps. The plug and mount are identical. Good import
rebuilders offer them as an option.
         One I recommend (and use) is Precision Parts and Remanufacturing.
www.ppr-ok.com  They may list only the Midget by application. They're
supplying the alternators without pulleys, but sell them separately. You
can't use the Lucas pulley and fan on the Bosch.
         The other swaps are to various Japanese vehicles, and all require
some bracket fiddling.
         Hope this helps.
         Peter C.