Re: Adjustable Armstrong Shocks on Ebay

To: Rick Neville <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Adjustable Armstrong Shocks on Ebay
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:53:34 -0600
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Rick,
         What he says is a bit vague. Let me see if I can say it
differently. One of the problems is that the parts manuals indicate the
adjustables are sold with links. Very important difference.
         Unfortunately I don't have the earliest link and shock here to
look at.
         Pre HAN5-4333 had an arm a 1/2" longer than the later 1/4
elliptic. They also had different links.
         All 1/4 elliptic used links that have the studs facing the same
direction (in).
         All semi elliptics have link studs going opposite. (in at the
shock, out at the spring)
         Yes, when placed on a flat surface, there is approximately 5/32"
difference in arm height. I didn't, and don't, think it significant as
there are rubber joints at each end of the links. Maybe I'm wrong thinking
that.
         The links must match the car/spring arrangement. The post 4333
shocks can otherwise interchange, if you don't mind the 5/32" or the filler
plug location.
         Is that better?..... probably not.
         Peter
========