Tonneau Question

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tonneau Question
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:09:48 -0500
Happy New Year!!

While looking through ebay tonight I notice a cover (item 2457564070) that has
snaps that hold the cover to the doors. There are instructions that read if
snaps on the door are desired they may be added by......... The ad says it is
for a 70. I was intrigued because my 71 has the snaps installed in the doors.
My 72 does not. Looking through my OS&M, I see no mention of these snaps,
however the pictures of the Australian assembled Midget appear to show snaps
on the doors. Were these snaps ever installed by the factory, or is this a PO
thing. If it is a PO thing, why did AMCO sell covers with snaps installed?

Which leads to another question - Horler says that the earlier hoods had a
tenax fastener to attach the hood just behind the door.  Interesting also
because my 71 has the tenax fastener not the velcro, the 72 has the velcro.

Brent