Re: Stripped thermostate housing bolt

To: larryrex <larryrex@awesomenet.net>
Subject: Re: Stripped thermostate housing bolt
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 17:11:08 -0500
Cc: "Michel R. Gagne" <mgagne@unc.edu>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
larryrex wrote:

>  My guess is that Ole Frank has got the answer.

I found a stach of 5/16 x 18 machine screws made out of some light rust
proof alloy. I have been using these for my past few projects.
No stud, just the screw. Of course any bolt with a blob of neversieze
would work too.
I like the bolts over the studs because they don't bend making getting
the t/stat cover off sometimes impossible.
Whenever you are working on the t/stat, remove the studs and neversieze
them. Someday somebody will apprieciate it. Do it to the water pump
bolts too.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ