To Ballast or not to Ballast

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: To Ballast or not to Ballast
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:40:10 -0800 (PST)
Hey All,

Just bought a Standard brand ignition coil from the
auto parts store and I specified that I had a 70 B.
The B has a ballast resistor but the coil I purchased
has printed on the side "no ballast resistor required"
or something like that.  I don't mind getting rid of
the ballast resistor (less non-moving parts the
better) but can I?

I also will be installing a Crane XR700 electronic
ignition.  Not sure how that effects the whole
resistor thingy.

Thank you for input,

John MacDonald
Bedford, NH