Re: Need a Shift Lever

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Need a Shift Lever
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 20:27:54 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mike MacLean wrote:

> Anyone on the list have a shift lever for a Bugeye they would like to
> sell?  I need one to cut and weld for Paul's conversion.

Mike,
Why not just cut and rebend the Datsun shifter?
I did, rethread it to 5/16 coarse and it works just fine.
Cut it down to the height you like. Heat it red and give it a "Z" bend
to bring it more towards the center.
You can also use the metal shifter housing but you will need an MGB
shift boot, it has ribs in it and gives more than the stock Spridget rubber.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ