Leaf Spring Liner

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaf Spring Liner
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:08:47 -0500
I just purchased and installed liner from www.tperformance.com. They have
free shipping for the next few days.

qty   price        part
  2    $8.00     P101  Roll Flat Clear

SHIPPING: UPS FREE

SUBTOTAL: $16.00

GRAND TOTAL: $16.00

The liner is 1 - 3/4" wide so you need to cut a 1/4" off the edge. You need
about 7' per spring.

When I took the springs apart I found quite a bit of rust embedded in the
liner the springs came with. Also saw evidence that the end of one spring
was digging into its neighbor. Took care of that by radiusing the ends with
a grinder. The spring clamps are a bit of a problem because the tabs tend
to break as they are bent 180 degrees. You have to undo and then redo the
bend. Metal fatigue tends to be the problem. However, they are just some 18
gage sheet metal with some holes and slots and a tab so not too difficult
to make by hand.

I am checking with the university to see if they have a laser cutter and if
they are willing to knock out a few pieces for me. If you are near a
community college, you might try the CC before a university as the CC's
tend to offer a  more practical education so may be more likely to have the
machinery. emachineshop.com looks promising too, but I have not contacted
them. They do offer a CAD program you can download that you may want to
check out.

Tim