Re: gas mileage help? no lbc

To: Amy Soich <breiz@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: gas mileage help? no lbc
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:21:19 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Amy Soich wrote:

>  So I'm wondering if anyones ever tried these fuel magnets or fuel
> atomizers and if so, did it help? Atomizer is like $150 and claims 50%
> increase in gas savings. If true, it would pay for itself quickly.

This was local news a few years back.
A local entrepreneur "developed" these fuel magnets. He sold them to the
State of NJ for use in all their vehicles claiming huge MPG increases.
Well none of the cars got any better mileage.
He also sends a slip of paper with each magnet telling you how to
achieve better mileage with his invention AND improved driving habits.
Avoid jack rabbit starts, drive like there is an egg under the gas
pedal, coast to a stop 8 miles before the stop sign, put it in neutral
going down hill, etc.
As someone pointed out many years ago with all the gas saving goodies
available from JC Whitney. If you bought them all, you would be getting
300 miles to a gallon and producing raw gasoline out of the tailpipe!

I personally have not tried a fuel magnet. Fuel is non ferrous so
magnets would have no effect on it. Well none that I can imagine.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ